This is a tutorial about controlling external components from our Raspberry Pi 3 computer – turning on and off LEDs and sounding a buzzer, using the Python language, as part of the Cranfield University “Pi Society”. These materials were purchased in the UK from the Pi Hut (http://thepihut.com). The components used are part of the excellent Cam Jam suite (http://camjam.me) – a great site where you can download many worksheets.
In this third tutorial, we set up a Raspberry Pi 3 computer, then get it to turn on and off some LEDs and control a buzzer.
This tutorial is one of the following set of related Raspberry Pi tutorials, in order:
1. Unboxing the Raspberry Pi 3 – Pi Society
2. Raspberry Pi 3: Hello World – Pi Society
3. Raspberry Pi 3: Operating LEDs – Pi Society
4. Making the Raspberry Pi work, the next steps – Pi Society
5. Connecting a Raspberry Pi to eduroam wifi